Final Cut Pro question

Miscellaneous Forums/General Discussion/Final Cut Pro question

I'm editing a project using FCP 5.1 and I'm having a little nagging problem with some of the content I'm using. I get supplied a bunch of .movs (taken with a digital compact stills camera, not sure which) encoded with either the Sorensen 3, Planar RGB or DV-PAL codecs. When I put those into a sequence, and set the sequence settings to use the same codec, all is fine apart from the DV-PAL ones. Whatever settings I use, the red bar across the timeline still indicates the footage needs rendering before viewing.

It's really annoying - particularly as I would like to ask the suppliers to supply everything in DV-PAL so that the overall sequence containing all the mini sequences can be set to DV-PAL (as we have mini-dv footage as well).

Is there some particular setting I'm missing? I would have thought the DV-PAL codec would be so standard it would be the easiest one to get the same. Even better, is there a way of selecting a clip and telling the sequence to use the exact same settings as the clip?