Are there any known factors regarding the speed of using an image as a sprite instead of a 3d sprite when overlayed on a 3d cube (or any 3d background).
Basically I have a 3d rotating background and a 2d spaceship image flying over the top. This runs fine on my machine but REALLY slow on my girlfriends.
My spec : AMD 2600, FX5200 GFX card, WinXP
Girlfriends : AMD 1900, 32mb gfx on mother board and WinXP
Is this because I am using an image instead of a 3d sprite?
Basically I have a 3d rotating background and a 2d spaceship image flying over the top. This runs fine on my machine but REALLY slow on my girlfriends.
My spec : AMD 2600, FX5200 GFX card, WinXP
Girlfriends : AMD 1900, 32mb gfx on mother board and WinXP
Is this because I am using an image instead of a 3d sprite?