Hi there,
I created an object with 3DS Max (a parking lot), which contains a gate, which I want to move when my vehicle comes close to it.
I used the B3D pipeline exporter for Max and checked the "Add scene root".
When I load my parking lot like this:
I have no collisions (as I can drive through the sides of the parking lot).
If I load the object with LoadMesh, then I collide with the parking lot as expected.
Also when I loaded the object with LoadAnimMesh, while the "Add scene root" wasn't checked in Max, I couldn't scale the object (and collisions didn't work either).
I tried to assign an entity-type to the children, but it gave me "Memory access violation".
How can I do this?
Do I have to load the parking lot and the gate separately (create 2 separate objects in Max) or can this be done otherwise?
Oh yes, the collisions are Sphere-to-Polygon.
I use a collision radius for my vehicle.
I also tried to assign an entitybox (collision box) to the parking lot, but it didn't work either.
I created an object with 3DS Max (a parking lot), which contains a gate, which I want to move when my vehicle comes close to it.
I used the B3D pipeline exporter for Max and checked the "Add scene root".
When I load my parking lot like this:
Global ParkingLot=LoadAnimMesh("ParkingLot.b3d") EntityType ParkingLot, SCENE ScaleEntity ParkingLot, 0.25, 0.25, 0.25 PositionEntity ParkingLot, -100, 0.15, -50
I have no collisions (as I can drive through the sides of the parking lot).
If I load the object with LoadMesh, then I collide with the parking lot as expected.
Also when I loaded the object with LoadAnimMesh, while the "Add scene root" wasn't checked in Max, I couldn't scale the object (and collisions didn't work either).
I tried to assign an entity-type to the children, but it gave me "Memory access violation".
How can I do this?
Do I have to load the parking lot and the gate separately (create 2 separate objects in Max) or can this be done otherwise?
Oh yes, the collisions are Sphere-to-Polygon.
I use a collision radius for my vehicle.
Collisions CARBODY, SCENE, 2, 3
I also tried to assign an entitybox (collision box) to the parking lot, but it didn't work either.